Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ugghh the Irritation...

So this is going to officially be my first of many"pregnancy rant"....
& its been irritating the life out of me for about a week now.

Naturally I've stalked a lot of pregnancy & TTC sites and
I've seen "tickers" on almost ALL of them, including different blogs I follow regularly.
 I just never took the time to create one because well there was nothing to countdown to.

But since I am newly pregnant I wanted to find an adorable tickers to add to my blog and begin my journey. I went to my few different places and got stuck at the step at almost every sight.
You know the part where you select your background.
Whether it be cute babies feet, an adorable baby, mama's belly with a clock by
 it or if non of those appeal to you a stork, pea in a pod or something like that.

 Well I loved the cute baby feet but.....there was no choice selection for a tan colored baby...
not Hispanic, Chinese, Indian, black or even a mixed child.....

Hmmmm so I looked at the bellies....but there was no choice for any type of tan or brown belly either....

My feelings began to be a little hurt.
I mean I know...who cares...whatever, just keep it moving
yeah maybe pre-preggo but right now it irritates me.

These sights that I loved so dearly began to feel a little different to me.
Do they not recognize that brown skinned, tan or dark skinned humans have babies too?

I mean I love ALL races and Im not this huge black & white person or anything.
Trust me I am a mixture of just about everything you could name. LOL
But it's the principle.
 It just offended me a bit.
Soooooo I wrote to each and every one of those websites about their
LACK of colors and skin tones in choices for tickers.

Even if nothing changes and no one care, I know I spoke my mind and that made me feel better.

I will acknowledge that LilyPie.com has a plethora of choices for tickers
with MANY MANY shades & colors. Which is where I got my tickers!

As well as TheBump.com, very cute tickers with a
substantial amount of choices for different woman or men.

I'm sure there are many sites out there that have these options,
 I was just shocked at the ones I followed regularly
that didn't have an option besides a stork or some flowers.

Well I'm done with my complaining now. Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day! & thank you to all those troops and their families for the sacrifices they make everyday!

Special Shout Out to my Daddy Lt. Colonel Keith Lawson still active duty!
I appreciate you, your hard work and your sacrifices for this country & your family. Love you Daddy!

Baby dust to all my ladies out there trying & XOXO to all the preggos!
Til Next Time
-Love Jones

2 comments:

  1. You're pregnant?!! Yay! Congrats mama. Thats retarded that they only make tickers for white moms. I know I've seen some before for colored mamas, which was probably on lilypie like you said. Ugh, I wonder if theres a way to say something to those other sites?
    Anyway, I'm so excited for you that you're finally pregnant! I have to go back and read the posts I've obviously missed!!!!! Afhhhhhhggghhh! I'm so happy right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE ITS A GIRL! MY MOM AND I MAKE SOME PRETTY CUTE HEADBANDS! :)

    ReplyDelete