Monday, May 14, 2012

BEACH LOVE

Don't you just LOVE the beach??
Well we officially do!!

I did not grow up with the luxury of a beach close to my home, but my husband did.
 There is a beach 20 mins from his house
and he had a pool in the backyard! (Can we say SCORE!)
So naturally he is a great swimmer and  he wants our son to be great swimmer too!
CJ is now taking swim lesson every M-W-F and
God know we wish we would have started him in swim lessons
before he turned one, but we know now for the next time we are blessed :)

So anyways....the closest beach to our home is actually a "man made" beach.
It's a huge lake named "LakeBlackshear" and they put a crap load of sand down...
added some restrooms, benches, tables, showers and beach goers...you have a beach!

 I wasn't to sure about it before we got there, but once we were there...I was 1/2 way in love!
There were people riding jet ski's, boats, tubing and just laying out!

I brought blankets and snacks to lay on and eat if we felt like it.
CJ took his professional goggles and flippers out in the water [Adorable]
CJ & dady got down to business....swimming business that is!
I splished and splashed a few times in the water but mainly laid out tanning my yellow legs...
Yes that's right folks. Tan!
Some black people do tan, especially when your mixed or super light skinned *wink*

All in all we had a blast, we spent a good 2-3 hours at the beach.


The hunger bug hit us all like a ton of bricks and we went to the cafe/resturaunt they had out there on the marina. They get a nice thumbs up...nice price & good food right off the water.

This is a family trip we plan to enjoy many more times throughout the summer!
Any beach trips planned for you guys?

Until next time...
XOXO
-Love Jones











7 comments:

  1. so fun! i love all the pictures!

    what i would do to live near a beach! everytime i go to a beach, i'm on vacation. how amazing it would be to not be on vacation and still have my toes touching the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. the last picture of your son ... sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so fun! I LOVE the beach!!! Glad you are out having fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to the beach in so long! That's so sweet that your husband is a good swimmer, and wants your son to be one too. Your sons hair is SO cute! Good to see you smiling again, I remember you were stressin in your last few posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I am much better @waitingforarainbow! I'm feeling happy! Thanks!

    @Johnny and Britttany Im glad too! The beach is wonderful!!

    @Faith THANKS!! I love that your back in action too! Hope all is well on your end, missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the beach! My husband and I go to this one beach in Michigan in the summer and we love it. Glad you are enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sweet little boy of yours is ahhhhhh-dorable :) I wish I lived close to a beach :| Love all your pics!!!

    ReplyDelete