Monday, December 10, 2012

SoCcEr SeAsOn

[Disclaimer: Old Post soccer season ended mid November]


SoCcEr SeAsOn

So if you know my kid...this 4 year old literally waits ALL YEAR long for soccer season. He plays t-ball, has his swimming "team" weekly in the summer and races his motorcycles & bike! But he always asks when soccer season is. He knows that he goes to Tejas every summer for about 2 months and when he comes back he knows soccer season will be starting! This was CJ's 4th season of soccer. He started at 2 yrs old (almost 3) and played every Saturday and practiced throughout the week. His dad bought a goal and balls and takes him out on his own he loves it so much! I mean he will literally practice kicking into a goal against the wall for hours.


His first season (winter) he played in the Youth 3yrs division. He was a little too good as his coach would say. He had wonderful control of the ball for a 2 year old and he was faster than every child out there. He had lots of fun and scored a majority of the goals. The second season(early Spring) he was 3 yrs old solid. He played and they ended up letting him play in both divisions Youth 3yrs & Youth 6yrs.


The Youth 6yrs old division scared the living day lights out of me! The kids were 6 and here is my 3 years old trying to be as fast and aggressive as them. He did it though and still managed to score and only cry a minimum of once a game. Making mama yell uncontrollably at the coach & my "this makes him tough & better" husband! I must admit. It worked.

This year CJ is 4 years old playing in the winter division with the Youth 6yr olds. He kicked butt! He scored like crazy & is still faster than a majority of the kids in the division.


I wont lie. I'm one proud mama! My husband & I are sports fanatics. He loves to research college kids, we go to high school games all over the state in every sport practically and we watch NFL & basketball seasons together. I ran track since I was 7 and these fast legs paid for college with the blessing of my full scholarship! I guess you could say my family breeds athletes mom, dad myself and so far little brother have all went to school on full athletic scholarships. Both of my sisters play volleyball on National Club teams with hopes of scholarships once they're complete with high school...so I can't say my husband and I aren't hoping for the same results in this family!!


The best part about my son is he will try any sport, but he actually loves and has fun playing soccer. So as long as he loves it, he can play it. I will never force my son or daughter to play anything EVER. I can wish, hope, pray and secretly stomp my feet but I will never make my children do any sport they don't enjoy!


This soccer season was AWESOME! They were undefeated & my son was the MVP! So proud! Sorry for the bragging, it's all in fun...sort of! lol

Until Next Time...
-Love Jones

1 comment: