Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Baby Shower #1


Good 'ole Savannah, Georgia! My husband is from Savannah and that is where all of his family lives.  We live about four hours away from Savannah. So because of the "high risk" in my pregnancy, I could not travel after 30 weeks. So my MIL planned the baby shower early!

 I am not an " all pink" woman....I like the color, I wear the color but when it comes to baby girls. I don't feel like everything has to be pretty in pink.  I love to see little girls in blues, greens, grays, reds, lavenders and still be oh so pretty. So the theme for the baby shower was a majority of lavender and a few other colors! My MIL ordered everything off of PartyCity.com and did a great job I must add! I love her...yes seriously, she's a great woman!



I really enjoyed myself and appreciated all the love! It was so much fun and I loved seeing my husband's family come together for this event. His "whole" family doesn't get together often or as often as I am used to my family getting together. So when they do, it's beautiful to see and be a part of.


I loved the theme, the mom with the stroller & her purse on her shoulder!
It suited me well, since I'm so sassy & sarcastic as my MIL says!

I helped out by making the tissue paper pom-poms that are hanging from the ceiling! They came out pretty and all the back pain and lack of sleep the night before was worth it! Plus I got to catch up on the show Scandal...to die for by the way!

Our wonderful cousin Sheila was one of the two hostess that we had for the baby shower. She did great & isn't she beautiful!

Don't like this picture of me but figure you all would want to see one....

The big brother had a soccer game early that morning, so him & daddy came to Savannah after his game. Just in time for the baby shower. He was excited and was thankful for the baby shower gifts that we bought for him as well so that he didn't feel left out. We plan to do this the day of the birth as well. We want to present him with something from his sister in the hospital room.


My husband's older and only brother came to the shower with his family. Below they are with our little cousin...she was irritable but still adorable right.



My MIL help us open up gifts...

As well as cousin Sheila...

This was my favorite baby shower game everyone played. 2 people partner up and one has to feed the other baby food. Which ever one finished all of their baby food first wins! It was hilarious to see their faces as they tried to eat the baby food.



This is the BIG BROTHER shirt CJ will wear when he meets his sister! I have a little sister shirt for the baby and plan to have them take pictures! I can't wait!

This is the diaper cake my MIL made for us. She has a real talent when it comes to making diaper cakes. She just started selling them and so far everyone loves them! It was beautiful!

I had an awesome time & our little family is so blessed to have people love and embrace our new bundle of joy. We are thankful and blessed.

-Until Next Time
  Nicole Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment